• Recognize the importance of thinking before writing.
• Understand the needs of readers and writers.
• Understand the five components of the audit report.
• Recognize the importance of identifying cause and impact of audit observations.
• Identify advantages and disadvantages of three report formats.
• Apply one of the audit report formats.
• Identify how to improve writing quality.
• Identify how to develop reports that are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, complete, and timely.
The Audit Report Writing Task
• Audit report guidance
• Why audit reports are written
• Uses and readers of audit reports
• Audit report limitations
Components of Audit Observations
• Components of an audit observation
• Types of criteria
• Condition summaries
• Levels of cause and effect
• Recommendations and action plans
Audit Report Structure
• Elements of a typical audit report
• Audit report formats
• Comparisons of audit report structures
Quality of Reporting
• Writing-quality guidance and issues
• Sentence clarity: modifiers, pronouns, and parallel structure
• Active and passive voice
• Technical terminology
• Readability and conciseness
• Verb usage
There will be an assessment component towards the end of Day 2 to assess participants’ understanding of the concepts through a sit-down test.
For participants who do not achieve an overall pass will be able to request for a re-assessment within 14 working days from the last day of the course. Re-assessment will only be allowed once.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Ms Lilian Tay was the Past President of IIA Singapore. She has served on the board of governors for several years, championing the important role of internal auditors, the value that they bring to their organisations and raising the skills and quality of internal audit services in Singapore. Lilian has had many years of experience heading the Internal Auditing function in European offshore banks covering Asia businesses in capital markets, commodities financing, structured finance, corporate finance, global trade services, syndications, and institutional banking services. She has also gained experience in line management roles including General Manager responsible for back office, controls and support functions of an offshore bank and Head of Human Resources for an offshore bank.
Having built her career in banking and internal auditing, Lilian’s studies have focused in these areas. She is qualified as a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Financial Services Auditor, Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (now known as ifs School of Finance), and also holds a Masters of Business Administration.
Make the payment of your registration fees via PayNow/PayLah! transfer by following the steps below:
1. Upon completing your registration, proceed to payment and select the “Cheque/Fund Transfer” option.
2. Login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
3. Scan our corporate PayNow/PayLah! QR code.
4. Verify our UEN number (S76SS0058D) and release funds.
NOTE: Kindly include the details below under the UEN/Bill Reference Number (text limit of up to 25 characters).
5. Once payment is made, please print screen the transaction and email to email@example.com for our tracking purposes.
Please refer to PayNow and PayLah! for more information.
Register as a group of 4 or more participants for the same course and enjoy a 10% group discount!
Applicable for participants from the same company registered within the same day. Discount will be indicated and processed on a single invoice.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Registered participants will be liable for the full fee even in the event of non-attendance.
2. A processing fee of $100 will be imposed for any cancellation. Cancellation must be submitted in writing 7 days prior to the event date and subject to IIAS’s approval. Substitutions will be permitted and conditions will apply.
3. Full payment must be received prior to the event. Registration forms submitted without payment will not be accepted.
4. Contact Person will be notified VIA EMAIL of the result of their application for enrolment within three working days after the enrolment deadline.
5. Registration is on a first-come-first-served-basis and Complimentary Parking will be provided only on a first-come-first-served-basis.
6. IIAS reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
7. IIAS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the training should the minimum class size is not met.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the mentioned seminar.
Once the course is confirmed, an email confirmation will be sent to the registrants’ contact email addresses 1 week prior to the course commencement date
If you do not receive any email notification regarding your course registrations, please call IIA Academy at 6324 9029.