The workshop will be delivered based on active learning and highly interactive approach through case studies, group exercises, sharing sessions and role plays to deepen learning.
At the end of the workshop, the participants are expected to walk away with knowledge and skills in handling common challenging situations and enable them to use their newly acquired skills in dealing effectively with difficult auditees.
What is the effective mental attitude when confronted with challenging auditees?
• What is the best long terms strategy?
• Why self-examination is important and how best to do it?
• How to deal with conflicts, physically and emotionally?
• What is “ironic processes of mental control" and how can it help in optimising the delivery of your demands?
• How to commit to action and get optimum results next time you are challenged by a difficult person?
How to develop your inner qualities [acronym HEART] to engage your auditees effectively:
• Humble: To be truly great, we stand with auditees, not above them
• Empathetic: In deep listening, we build understanding and show our care.
• Authentic: Being inside-out and genuine, we gain trust and confidence.
• Resourceful: Mere words are not enough, we need to work with the auditees to solve problems
• Tough: Tough auditees stay firm in all situations and inspire others.
What are the characteristics of difficult auditees and how to deal with them?
• What are the example behaviours?
• What are the origins of theirs behaviour?
• How to deal with them?
In how many different ways can you respond to auditees and what results do you expect?
• What are the four responding styles, when to use them and where should you avoid using them?
• How to avoid unpredictable reactions to your comments by observing and analysing the other person for specific signs?
• How to listen and respond emphatically and connect when needed?
How to engage in a conversation and show that you understand and care?
• What to do to stay focused on a conversation and avoid drifting away?
• What is “click-wirr” and how to use it in a conversation?
• How to ask good questions based on your encounter?
• What non-verbal signals you should be aware of and use?
How to handle conflicts?
• What is the optimum process of conflict resolution?
• What are conflict resolutions styles?
• How to use the styles in sequence to get maximum results?
How to deal with confrontations?
• What is APA communication model and how can you use it to manage difficult auditees?
• How to use the 5-Step Guide to Confrontations?
• What can be learned from confrontation examples?
How to deal with reactive and toxic words?
• How to prevent a challenging conversation by choosing the right words?
• What are the toxic statements, phrases, gestures and attitudes that can significantly affect your conversation and relationship with the other person?
• How to avoid using them and handle auditees who use them on you?
There will be an assessment component towards the end of Day 2 to assess participants’ understanding of the concepts through a sit-down test.
For participants who do not achieve an overall pass will be able to request for a re-assessment within 14 working days from the last day of the course. Re-assessment will only be allowed once.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Mr. Jeremy Peh specialises in Solution Thinking, Negotiation and Project Management. He is the principal consultant with Semion Consulting Group. Over the last seven years as consultant-trainer, Jeremy has personally delivered more than fifty successful consulting projects and conducted numerous learning programs to the delight of his customers from various industries in the region. He has assisted them to resolve various challenging business issues through the use of solution thinking model, and upgraded the thinking skills of their managers and executives.
Jeremy has a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from the Kyushu University (Japan) and an MBA from the University of Leeds (UK). Jeremy is a certified behavioral consultant by the Institute for Motivational Living, Inc.
Make the payment of your registration fees via PayNow/PayLah! transfer by following the steps below:
1. Upon completing your registration, proceed to payment and select the “Cheque/Fund Transfer” option.
2. Login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
3. Scan our corporate PayNow/PayLah! QR code.
4. Verify our UEN number (S76SS0058D) and release funds.
NOTE: Kindly include the details below under the UEN/Bill Reference Number (text limit of up to 25 characters).
5. Once payment is made, please print screen the transaction and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for our tracking purposes.
Please refer to PayNow and PayLah! for more information.
Register as a group of 4 or more participants for the same course and enjoy a 10% group discount!
Applicable for participants from the same company registered within the same day. Discount will be indicated and processed on a single invoice.
Terms and Conditions
1. Registered participants will be liable for the full fee even in the event of non-attendance.
2. A processing fee of $100 will be imposed for any cancellation. Cancellation must be submitted in writing 7 days prior to the event date and subject to IIAS’s approval. Substitutions will be permitted and conditions will apply.
3. All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Full payment must be received prior the course commencement.
4. Contact Person will be notified VIA EMAIL upon successful registration of the course.
5. Complimentary parking will be provided on a first-come-first-served-basis.
6. IIAS reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
7. IIAS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the training should the minimum class size is not met.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the mentioned seminar.
Once the course is confirmed, an email confirmation will be sent to the registrants’ contact email addresses 1 week prior to the course commencement date
If you do not receive any email notification regarding your course registrations, please call IIA Academy at 6324 9029.