CPE Hour: 1
This webinar will explore some of the findings identified in the research paper by Morgan Fenelon Head of Second Line Assurance, Asia, Conduct, Financial Crime & Compliance at Standard Chartered Bank. The research delves into why internal audit is often perceived as a perpetual fault line in organisations, and why do people react and behave differently when engaging with internal audit. We will also discuss and share how these findings may impact the level of collaboration across the 3 Lines and seek to identify some practical solutions to manage this.
Understanding the dynamics of the 3 Lines model is critical. One way to approach this is through a behavioural lens, examining the different roles across the 3 Lines and how the interplay manifests in different situations. Such a behavioural approach is often absent or not considered in the design or implementation of the 3 Lines model in organisations.
Internal audit, with its human insight, can play a crucial role in influencing this mindset shift within organisations, all while maintaining its independence. This can pave the way for a deeper appreciation of the behaviours that drive people's roles and objectives, thereby recognising the challenges each role faces in managing risks for the organisation.
Head of Second Line Assurance, Asia
Conduct, Financial Crime & Compliance
Standard Chartered Bank
Morgan Fenelon currently heads up Conduct, Financial Crime & Compliance (CFCC) Assurance function for Asia Pacific for SCB, based in Singapore. He is responsible for 26 countries, with teams located across the region. He has been with SCB since November 2016, having had different roles within 2nd Line Assurance. He spent the previous 11 years with RBS in London, Hong Kong, and Singapore where he was a Senior Audit Manager leading the Audit Function in Asia Pacific for International Banking Business. He subsequently joined Compliance and set up the first Compliance and Financial Crime Assurance function in the 2nd Line for Asia Pacific. Prior to that he was with PwC based in Dublin, Zurich and London over 7 years focusing on a wider variety of financial services firms.
He obtained his double Bachelor of International Commerce (German) from University College Dublin (UCD) and is a certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist obtained from ACAMS. In 2021, he completed his Executive Masters in Change at INSEAD in Singapore, which focuses on organisational behavioural science and systems psychodynamics. His thesis focused on the roles of the 3 Lines from a behavioural perspective, with specific focus on Internal Audit. The title of his thesis "Social and Psychic Defences in a Group Dynamics context with Internal Audit, and their role as a perpetual Fault Line in organisations” identified a wide number of key findings relevant to multiple industries. He is passionate to see improvements in the dynamics between the different Lines in organisations, and therefore presenting here his findings. This will help industries to further recognise and appreciate the challenges, including looking at practical ways to address some of these as part of this webinar.
Free for IIA/ISACA Singapore* members and S$35 for non-members.
*For IIA Affiliate/ISACA Singapore members, kindly input the promo code "DEC23" to enjoy discounted registration rate.
Payment by Credit Card or PayNow/PayLah! transfer
Make the payment of your registration fees via PayNow/PayLah! transfer by following the steps below:
- Upon completing your registration, proceed to payment and select the “Pay Later” option to complete your registration.
- Login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
- Scan our corporate PayNow/PayLah! QR code.
4. Verify our UEN number (S76SS0058D) and release funds.
NOTE: Kindly include the details below under the UEN/Bill Reference Number (text limit of up to 25 characters).
5. Once payment is made, please print screen the transaction and email to email@example.com for our tracking purposes. Please include in your email the Event Code of each event when you are making payment of registration fees for multiple events in a single transaction.
Please refer to PayNow and PayLah! for more information.
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- Only online registrations are accepted. All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Full payment must be received prior to the webinar commencement. Upon completion of successful registration, you should receive an auto-generated registration confirmation via email.
- No refund will be made for any cancellations made after successful registration or non-attendance on the actual date. A substitution (of the same membership category) is allowed at no additional charge, if advised in writing.
- A reminder will be sent 1 day prior to the talk.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to publish or use for any other purpose whatsoever deemed appropriate, for all images taken by the official photographer(s) during the event.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the above mentioned event. If you do not receive the email notification, please call IIA Singapore at +65 6324 9029.