Be a Key Advisor to the Audit Committee and Executive Management for Risk Management
Job analysis and stakeholder surveys have indicated a key element to unlocking internal audit’s full potential can be found in a professional’s ability to provide advice and assurance on risk management to audit committees and executive management. In response, The IIA developed the CRMA designation.
The standard CRMA Core Exam will be a 100-question, multiple-choice exam, with a seat time of two hours. These exams will be instantly scored like all of the other IIA exams, and will be administered at Pearson VUE testing centers around the world. All CRMA eligibility requirements will apply.
The CRMA: Your Key to Career Success
The CRMA is designed for internal auditors and risk management professionals with responsibility for and experience in providing risk assurance, governance processes, quality assurance, or control self-assessment (CSA). It demonstrates an individual’s ability to evaluate the dynamic components that comprise an organization’s governance and enterprise risk management program and provide advice and assurance around these issues.
The CRMA is one more mark of professional distinction for internal audit practitioners. Earning the CRMA will assist you in demonstrating your ability to:
" As a member of The IIA (Singapore Chapter), I am able to gain access to valuable insights to trends in internal auditiing, corporate governance and risk management. The IIA's CRMA designation provides an avenue for internal audit professionals to establish their credibility and expertise in providing risk management assurance. Earning the CRMA designation marks the ability to be a valuable advisor to management and Board of Directors, in areas of recognised risk management and risk management assurance frameworks."
Chan Min Li, CIA, CRMA
The following are the steps and processes for application of IIA Certification:
- Only member of IIA Singapore can apply their examinations through the CCMS.
- For first time user of CCMS (new candidate), you will need to create a new profile in CCMS. Name entered in the system must be the same as per your photo identification (NRIC or Passport).
- Visit Complete a Form section and select the application form of your choice and make online payment by credit card. Please note other mode of payment is not available for IIA Singapore members. If candidate opted for payment mode other than credit card, your application may not be processed or delayed due to non-payment.
- Once you have made your application through the CCMS, upload the following documentation to IIA Global through the IIA Global Certification Document Upload Portal within 90 business days for processing:
i) Character Reference Form
ii) Experience Verification Form
iii) Proof of identification
iv) Proof of education
For item i), iii) and iv) are mandatory. For item ii), candidate can submit this form at a later date within the 4-year programme upon obtaining the required experience.
- Upon receipt of an automated email from IIA Global on the approval of your application, you may proceed to register your exams in the CCMS. You may select to register for more than one exams/exam parts by completing a separate registration form.
- Once your exam registration has been processed, you will receive an email on "Authorisation to Test". However, you should wait for 48 hours after receiving your "Authorisation to Test" notification before contacting Pearson VUE to schedule your exam, in order to allow time for your registration data to be uploaded to their scheduling system. Kindly note that your "Authorisation to Test" will allow you to schedule and sit for your test within the authorisation period of 180 days (approximately 6 months) only.
- For exisiting candidate, you may proceed to register your exam directly through the CCMS. Upon receipt of your "Authorisation to Test", you may then proceed to schedule your exam with Pearson VUE.
The CRMA exam is available through computer-based testing, allowing you to test year-round at more than 500 locations worldwide. Candidates are able to sit for exams at any IIA-authorized Pearson VUE testing center worldwide, regardless of whether the testing center is located in your hometown or country. To locate the testing centers nearest you, visit the Pearson VUE website. Click here for the CBT Exam Tutorial.
In Singapore, the IIA-authorized Pearson VUE testing centres are located at:
NEXT U PTE. LTD.
PEARSON PROFESSIONAL CENTERS-SINGAPORE
|NTUC Trade Union House
73 Bras Basah Road
#03-01 Room 3J
|51 Cuppage Road
CRMA Exam Preparation Resources
The IIA Research Foundation CRMA Exam Study Guide and the CRMA Exam Practice Questions books are available for loan to members. Members can reserve and collect the books either by phone call at 6324 9029 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.