Job Postings from EM Services Pte Ltd
(Career Conversion Program)
- Gather and analysed data and information required for the planning of each audit assignment based on the approved Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Assist in the design of audit program (including audit procedures and audit tests) of each audit assignment.
- Perform internal audit work (including follow-up of past audit issues) and gather evidence in accordance with the approved audit program.
- Design and apply data analytics techniques (using Excel, ACL, Tableau) in audit assignments.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and related risk management, internal controls and governance process, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Company’s policies and procedures.
- Identify corporate governance, internal controls and business process improvement issues for initial discussion with appropriate process owners and management personnel.
- Document accurate audit work performed and audit result in a clear and organised manner, supported by audit evidence for review by Team leader. Resolve review notes and apply learning to future assignments.
- Identify, develop and draft comprehensive audit observations (including root causes and risks) on weaknesses in control environment, and make value-added recommendations for process improvements.
- At the end of fieldwork review, assists Team Leader in conducting closing meetings to communicate draft audit findings to management.
- Assist Team Leader in finalizing the audit findings, recommendations and reports, and collate management responses and action plans to mitigate risk.
- Track issues identified by Internal Audit and external auditors, and monitor implementation progress of management action plans. Conduct validation review on management remediation actions to address control deficiencies.
- Assist in developing Annual Internal Audit Plan using a risk-based approach.
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables such as audit reports and presentation materials to Management and Audit Committee
- Ensure assigned projects are completed in a timely manner and within the project budget allocated.
- Perform ad hoc tasks and special projects/reviews as assigned from time to time.
- A good bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Quantity Surveying/Building Management or equivalent from a recognised university or relevant professional qualification.
- Experience in construction or engineering services industry of at least 3-5 years with good understanding of corporate governance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Powerpoint). Knowledge in tableau or other data analytics tools (e.g. ACL, IDEA, Power BI, etc) will be an advantage.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary colleagues at all level
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to details.
- Ability to exercise objective judgement with strong logical and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated team player with continuous learning attitude, sharing knowledge and ideas within Internal Audit.
- Positive work attitude, with high level of commitment and initiative.
- Good verbal and written business communications with good report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proactive and adaptable to changing priorities and different challenges
- Ability to maintain and ensure confidentiality
- Maintain high level of integrity and professional standards
Interested parties are invited to send their resumes to Val Lim at email@example.com with the subject header Application for Internal Auditor (Career Conversion Programme).
Closing date: 11 December 2021
Date posted: 12 November 2021
Senior Internal Audit Manager
- Manage end-to end audit cycle for multiple audit assignments, including outsourced auditors for complex audit projects.
- Lead the planning of assigned internal audit project and design audit program and audit tests to ascertain the state of internal controls and compliance with corporate policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance to the audit team to conduct review of key internal control procedures, risk and control matrix including data analytics, and complete the audit project in a timely manner while maintaining audit quality to provide independent assurance.
- Ensure proper audit evidence are obtained and audit documentation are carried out in accordance with internal audit standards.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business process to identify key risk areas and gaps / weaknesses/deficiencies in internal control and non-compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend business focused solutions to mitigate risks, improve internal controls, risk management and governance processes, and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. Maintain proper documentation of findings and follow up closely with the business units to ensure prompt and substantive resolutions of audit issue for reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Ensure concise and comprehensive audit reports are submitted for review and conduct presentation to the Management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Perform advisory functions as approved by the Audit Committee, to improve the design and effectiveness of internal control mechanisms and enhance efficiency in business processes, with the aim of adding value to the operations for continual improvement.
- Conduct special audits, ad-hoc investigations and reviews as and when required by the Audit Committee or the Board of Directors, in areas that require specific safeguards and appropriate internal controls.
- Contribute to the development of annual internal audit plan to align to Company’s strategy using risk-based and data-driven approach in evaluating governance framework, risk management, regulatory compliance processes and internal control systems. This include reviewing audit universe and risk assessment methodology and ensuring sufficient audit resources for the audit projects.
- Conduct periodic review in response to changes in Company’s emerging risks and if necessary, adjust Annual Internal Plan for approval by the Audit Committee.
- Provide support in the quarterly Audit Committee meeting and assist in administrative work such as annual internal audit budget, required for the running of the internal audit function.
- Build the competency of the audit team, including training and professional development for continuous improvements of the audit process, procedures and systems.
- Participate in internal audit initiatives to enhance the audit and risk management framework, with specific focus on data analytics and continuous auditing/continuous risk assessment.
- Promote internal audit as a management service that independently adds value by providing an accurate, concise analysis and reports in communicating audit results. Actively advocate the establishment of sound policies and guidelines on internal controls, risk management and corporate governance and sharing of good practices within the Company.
- Degree in Accountancy/ACCA or professional CA qualification with CIA certification. CISA or CFE certification would be an advantage.
- At least 8 years of experience in internal audit, preferably in construction or engineering services industry with exposure in Big 4 accounting firms.
- Proficiency in the use of data analytics tools (e.g. ACL, IDEA, Power BI, tableau, etc).
- Self-driven individual who is adaptable to changing priorities and different challenges and thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills with ability to exercise objective judgement.
- Ability to influence and interact with confidence and develop trusted relationships with key stakeholders, management and multi-disciplinary staff across different levels.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and good report writing and presentation skills with strong problem-solving and logical thinking skills.
- Meticulous and resourceful with high level of commitment and initiative.
- Possess the passion to lead by example with strong organisational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player/leader, with excellent analytical and the requisite managerial skills to manage detailed/technical work without losing sight of ‘big picture’ issues.
- Maintain high level of integrity and professional standards with continuous professional development.
Interested parties are invited to send their resumes to Val Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Application for Senior Internal Audit Manager.
Closing date: 11 December 2021
Date posted: 12 November 2021