Job Posting from Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
NEW! Senior Executive, Internal Audit Department
About The Role
Great ideas do not discriminate, and anyone can have them. Given the right protection and support, a great idea can become a power brand, a transformative technology, an innovative process or design, or even a song or story that moves one’s soul.
Housing Singapore’s largest community of intellectual property (IP) experts, IPOS understands better than anyone how important it is to protect ideas and creations for now and the future. We leverage our deep technical, legal and business expertise to help innovative enterprises grow, through their intangible assets, including IP, from Singapore, through Singapore. We catalyse the ideas today, into assets tomorrow.
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve IPOS's operations. The mission of internal audit is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. The IAD helps IPOS accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
To succeed, we seek individuals who are anchored in integrity, sensible and confident and are team players who are interested in collaboration to explore diverse ideas and deliver tangible outcomes. We are currently looking for a dynamic, resourceful and pro-active candidate to join the IAD.
- Plan and perform end-to-end financial, compliance and operational audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems.
- Provide practical and value-added recommendations based on best practices to improve the internal financial control and operating environment.
- Prepare audit reports for submission to the management and the Audit Committee.
- Monitor the follow-up, tracking and completion status of all past identified findings and recommendations as agreed with management and establish if they have been carried out to an acceptable level.
- Work with external service providers /assist in managing outsourced projects to ensure audit work provides appropriate assurance and completeness in scope.
- Provide secretariat support to the Audit Committee.
- Perform investigation and any other ad-hoc assignments as required.
- Assist in administrative matters on daily operations.
- A Degree in Accountancy / Business or professional accounting qualifications e.g. ACCA.
- Relevant certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) / Chartered Accountant (CA) / Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA).
- Minimum 3 years of internal audit experience, including at least 2 years of internal/external audit experience from a CPA firm.
- Good understanding of internal control concepts and audit methodology with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Good to have prior experience in or knowledge of public sector entities.
- Good to have data analysis tool skillset such as ACL , SQL and IDEA.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and is resourceful and able to work independently and in teams.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Applications.
Please click here for more details about the job posting and to apply.
Date posted: 19 May 2023