> IIA Certifications
> Certification in Risk Management Assurance
Be a Key Advisor to the Audit Committee and Executive Management for Risk Management
Job analysis and stakeholder surveys have indicated a key element to unlocking internal audit’s full potential can be found in a professional’s ability to provide advice and assurance on risk management to audit committees and executive management. In response, The IIA developed the CRMA designation.
The standard CRMA Exam will be 125-questions, multiple-choice questions and up to 50% advanced questions, with a seat time of 150 minutes. These exams will be instantly scored like all of the other IIA exams, and will be administered at Pearson VUE testing centers around the world. All CRMA eligibility requirements
*NEW CRMA Exam Syllabus begins on 1 October 2021*
The CRMA: Your Key to Career Success
The CRMA is designed for internal auditors and risk management professionals with responsibility for and experience in providing risk assurance, governance processes, quality assurance, or control self-assessment (CSA). It demonstrates an individual’s ability to evaluate the dynamic components that comprise an organization’s governance and enterprise risk management program and provide advice and assurance around these issues.
The CRMA is one more mark of professional distinction for internal audit practitioners. Earning the CRMA will assist you in demonstrating your ability to:
- Provide assurance on core business processes in risk management and governance.
- Educate management and the audit committee on risk and risk management concepts.
- Offer quality assurance and and control self-assessment.
- Focus on strategic organizational risks.
- Add value for your organization as a trusted advisor.
"As a member of The IIA (Singapore Chapter), I am able to gain access to valuable insights to trends in internal auditiing, corporate governance and risk management. The IIA's CRMA designation provides an avenue for internal audit professionals to establish their credibility and expertise in providing risk management assurance. Earning the CRMA designation marks the ability to be a valuable advisor to management and Board of Directors, in areas of recognised risk management and risk management assurance frameworks."
Chan Min Li, CIA, CRMA
2013 CRMA Highest Achievement Award Winner
Manager, Accounting Firm
The following are the steps and processes for application of IIA Certification:
- Only member of IIA Singapore can apply their examinations through the CCMS. For non-member, please Join Us before applying for the certification.
- For first time user of CCMS (new candidate), please click Forgot your Password to activate the account. Name entered in the system must be the same as per your photo identification (NRIC or Passport). Use the email address that is the same as the one used for IIA Singapore membership.
- On the CCMS HOME page, under Apply for New Applications, select the application form of your choice and make online payment by credit card. Please note other mode of payment is not available for IIA Singapore members. If the candidate opted for payment mode other than credit card, your application will not be processed or delayed due to non-payment.
- Once you have made your application through the CCMS, upload the following documentation within 90 business days to complete the application process:
i) Proof of identification
ii) Proof of education
The Character Reference and Experience Verification are obtained electronically through CCMS, which are emailed directly to your nominated verifier:
iii) Character Reference
iv) Experience Verification
Items i), ii) and iii) are mandatory to process the application. For item iv), the candidate can submit this form at a later date within the 2-year program upon obtaining the required experience.
- Upon receipt of an automated email from IIA Global on the approval of your application, you may proceed to register your exam in the CCMS.
- After registering/payment, the Exam Registration and Scheduling page is displayed a Registered exam status and the dates of the candidate’s exam window. The system will also provide the ability to Schedule or Extend the Exam window. Kindly note that your "Authorisation to Test" will allow you to schedule and sit for your exam within the authorisation period of 180 days (approximately 6 months) only.
- For exisiting candidate, you may proceed to register your exam directly through the CCMS. Please refer to Step 6.
For a detailed guide, please login to CCMS and click RESOURCES to download the information. Please feel free to contact the Certification Team at email@example.com or 6324 9029 for queries.
The CRMA exam is available through computer-based testing, allowing you to schedule exam throughout the year at more than 500 locations worldwide. Candidates are able to sit for exams at any IIA-authorized Pearson VUE testing center worldwide, regardless of whether the testing center is located in your hometown or country. To locate the testing centers nearest you, visit the Pearson VUE website. Click here for the CBT Exam Tutorial.
In Singapore, the IIA-authorised Pearson VUE testing centres are located at:
NEXT U PTE. LTD.
NTUC Trade Union House
73 Bras Basah Road
#03-01 Room 3J
PEARSON PROFESSIONAL CENTERS-SINGAPORE
51 Cuppage Road