CPE Hours: 16
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Singapore is collaborating with the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) to offer ISCA members the unique opportunity to obtain the Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) professional designation through an expedited process. This 1-day preparatory course is designed to give candidates an overview of the topics covered for the CIA Challenge Exam. This course aim to reinforce the candidates' CIA knowledge, clarify topics, and build exam-day confidence.
- Discuss difficult topics with subject matter experts and peers
- Obtain study tips to help the candidates stay on track to complete their CIA exam within the specific time-frame
- Work through practice exam questions
Foundations of Internal Auditing
- Independence and Objectivity
- Proficiency and Due Professional Care
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- Governance, Risk Management, and Control
- Fraud Risks
Practice of Internal Auditing
- Managing Internal Audit Activity
- Planning the Engagement
- Performing the Engagement
Business Knowledge for Internal Auditing
- Business Acumen
- Data Analytics
- Information Technology and Security
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Mr. Sia Nam Chie began his career as an external auditor in a Big 4 accounting firm before moving into internal audit in a telecommunication company and financial institutions. He has also served in leadership roles in the first and second lines of defence in leading financial institutions. He is an active volunteer taken up various positions, such as Treasurer and Audit Committee member in not-for-profit organisations. He was a member of the International Internal Auditing Standards Board from 2016 to 2018, and a Governor of IIA Singapore from 2013 to 2019.
Academically, Mr Sia has MBA (Distinction) and Bachelor degree (Hons) in Accountancy. Professionally, he has obtained CA, CIA, CFA, CFE & CISA qualifications. With his diverse experiences, he is able to use practical examples to illustrate concepts in an easy to understand manner. Since conducting CIA courses in 2006, Mr Sia has consistently received positive feedback for using practical examples to illustrate internal audit concepts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This session is specially designed for candidates who have signed up for the CIA Challenge Exam.
- Full Name as per NRIC:
- Membership type: IIA/ ISACA/ ACCA/ ISCA/ Not Applicable
- Membership ID:
- Contact Number:
- Company Name and UEN no.:
- Company Address:
- Company-sponsored or Self-Sponsored:-
*For submission of e-invoices via Vendors@Gov, please complete the Billing Details template HERE.
If you wish to use your SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) to pay for part of the total course registration fee, please login to the SFC portal
to submit the SFC Claim after you have registered and received the registration acknowledgement (with course fee breakdown) from us. The submission of claim to SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and SSG’s approval MUST be done within 60 days and before the first day of the workshop. SSG will NOT be able to approve your claim submission if it is submitted to them during and after the first day of the workshop. Full course fees will be payable by the participant if we do not receive his/her SFC from SSG.
To understand more on the funding, please refer to the fees breakdown HERE
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the mentioned seminar.
Once the course is confirmed, an email confirmation will be sent to the registrants’ contact email addresses 1 week prior to the course commencement date
If you do not receive any email notification regarding your course registrations, please call IIA Academy at 6324 9029Group Discount
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
to register as a group of 4 or more participants for the same course and enjoy a 10% group discount!
Applicable for participants from the same company registered within the same day. Discount will be indicated and processed on a single invoice.
For more details about payment modes, please click HERE
.TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Registered participants will be liable for the full fee even in the event of non-attendance.
- A processing fee of $100 will be imposed for any cancellation. Cancellation must be submitted in writing 7 days prior to the event date and subject to IIAS’s approval. Substitutions will be permitted and conditions will apply.
- All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Full payment must be received prior the course commencement.
- Contact Person will be notified VIA EMAIL upon successful registration of the course.
- Complimentary parking will be provided on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- IIAS reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIAS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the training should the minimum class size is not met.