Registration for the webinar has closed.
The Covid-19 crisis has highlighted the need for instilling a risk mindset and culture across the organisation, while harnessing the ever-increasing types and sources of upside, downside and outside risk.
Attitudes and observed practices shape individuals’ interpretation of acceptable behaviour, which collectively form the risk culture of an organisation. As organisations face a more dynamic and complex business environment, agility is paramount. Many are challenged in establishing standard operating procedures in anticipation of the rapidly evolving situations. When the chips are down, culture trumps process every time when it comes to determining whether risk management is successful. The high level of trust and reliance consequentially placed on their employees makes it imperative that these employees can be trusted to do the right thing.
Organisations need to increase focus on strengthening the “softer” aspect of the risk management, so that the attitudes, perceptions, beliefs and behaviours of individuals are aligned.
In this session, the speaker will share more about creating a strong risk culture that is an important element of the governance structure, and how a strong risk culture can contribute to enterprise resilience and the role of internal audit and the diagnostic tools used to assess risk culture.
Ms. Veron Wong
Partner, Enterprise Risk Consulting
Internal Audit Leader, Singapore
Veron leads the Enterprise Risk team for the Consulting practice in EY Singapore. She has more than 17 years of experience in enterprise risk management, internal audit, and business process re-engineering projects for various clients across different industries.
She has led many ERM implementation projects for first adopters, as well as assisting other organisations with existing ERM programs in adopting advanced techniques to further their maturity. She has also conducted seminars and trainings on risk management practices for corporations of different sizes and sector.
As a though leader in the risk and governance space, Veron has also conducted sessions with business leaders and practitioners on ways to evolve their ERM programs to achieve greater value, such as integrating sustainability considerations into their existing framework.
Veron also has international experience leading large-scale projects with a high degree of complexity for major clients across Asia, Oceania, Europe and US.
Free for IIA/ISACA Singapore* members and S$35 for non-members.
*For IIA Affiliate/ISACA Singapore members, kindly input the promo code "EYJAN2021" to enjoy complimentary registrations.
Payment by Credit Card or PayNow/PayLah! transfer
Make the payment of your registration fees via PayNow/PayLah! transfer by following the steps below:
1. Upon completing your registration, proceed to payment and select the “Cheque/Fund Transfer” option.
2. Login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
3. Scan our corporate PayNow/PayLah! QR code.
4. Verify our UEN number (S76SS0058D) and release funds.
NOTE: Kindly include the details below under the UEN/Bill Reference Number (text limit of up to 25 characters).
5. Once payment is made, please print screen the transaction and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for our tracking purposes. Please include in your email the Event Code of each event when you are making payment of registration fees for multiple events in a single transaction.
Please refer to PayNow and PayLah! for more information.
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- Only online registrations are accepted. All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Full payment must be received prior to the webinar commencement. Upon completion of successful registration, you should receive an auto-generated registration confirmation via email.
- No refund will be made for any cancellations made after successful registration or non-attendance on the actual date. A substitution (of the same membership category) is allowed at no additional charge, if advised in writing.
- A reminder will be sent 1 day prior to the talk.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to publish or use for any other purpose whatsoever deemed appropriate, for all images taken by the official photographer(s) during the event.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the above mentioned event. If you do not receive the email notification, please call IIA Singapore at +65 6324 9029.