CPE Hours: 2.4 Ethics CPE Hours
In the Singapore Mental Health Conference 2021, it was announced that over 13% of participants in a study conducted in mid-2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, reported symptoms of anxiety or depression.
Despite the apparent prevalence of mental health issues among the population, it remains a rather taboo topic that is shunned in the workplace. In a 2022 networking session conducted by IIA Young Professionals Working Group on mental health, many young professionals were concerned about mental health in the working environment we face today, amidst rapid technological changes, agile working practices, the great resignation, among other challenges.
Post-COVID, more challenges await us – the impact of the Ukraine war, rising interest rates, stagflation, and not forgetting, climate change. With these challenges – are we confident we can keep ourselves mentally well enough to be ethical auditors the world so greatly needs?
- Raise awareness on mental health among auditors and red flags to watch out for
- Highlight ethical implications related to the mental health of Auditors at work
- Provide an avenue to discuss these issues, and explore ways to achieve better mental wellness at work through a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Evaluate the importance of mental health and well-being among auditors through intimate discussions and fun surveys
- Review the 4 Principles in IIA’s Code of Ethics and explore how poor mental health may affect auditors’ethical judgements in these areas
- Highlight ways in which a better working culture can be nurtured in the internal audit department, and practices to achieve better mental wellness at work
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Ms. Fiona Tan
Ms Fiona Tan specialises in connecting people to solutions and is passionate about sparking joy in the audit community. She possesses over a decade of global audit experience in the big 4, Singapore-listed companies and MNCs, in industries including property, media, aviation, manufacturing, medical devices and logistics.
She has facilitated discussions with young professionals and undergraduate students in her former role as Vice-Chair of the Institute of Internal Auditors Young Professionals Working Group, and with both senior and ground-level stakeholders within the companies she has previously worked in, in her roles in various Internal Audit departments. She is currently working with a social enterprise to make well-being skills accessible to the community.
Fiona obtained her Bachelor of Accountancy from Nanyang Technological University. She is a Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Information Systems Auditor, is certified in Risk Management Assurance and was a recipient of the William S. Smith Certificate of Excellence for CIA award.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Participants of all working levels are welcome – both individuals and people managers.
Please email the completed registration details as per the excel form to IIA Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will update you upon successful registration of the mentioned seminar.
Register as a group of 4 or more participants for the same course and enjoy a 10% group discount!
This promotion is applicable for registrations received from the same company and registered within the same day. The discount is applicable in one single invoice.
For more details about payment modes, please click HERE.
- Please email the completed registration details as per the excel form to IIA Academy at email@example.com. We will update you upon successful registration of the mentioned seminar.
- Once the course is confirmed, an email confirmation will be sent to the registrants’ contact email addresses 1 week prior to the course commencement date.
- If you do not receive any email notification regarding your course registrations, please call IIA Academy at 6324 9029 ext 2004 or 2005.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Registered participants will be liable for the full registration fee in the event of non-attendance.
- A processing fee of $100 will be imposed for any cancellation. Cancellation must be submitted in writing 7 working days prior to the event date and subject to IIAS’s approval. Substitutions will be permitted and conditions will apply.
- Full payment must be received prior the course commencement.
- Contact Person will be notified VIA EMAIL upon successful registration of the course.
- Complimentary parking, if any, will be provided on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- IIAS reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIAS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the training should the minimum class size is not met.