The slew of digital transformations undertaken by numerous organisations over the years have led to a higher level of interconnectivity. While digitalisation offers vast opportunities, it also presents its fair share of risks with a broader attack surface. This has been exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic which had accelerated technology adoption and caused a massive migration of business activities and processes online.
It is more critical than ever for organisations to deploy stronger controls to protect the company’s data assets, in order to mitigate financial, organisational, legal and reputational risks that could have devastating impact on the organisation.
In this session, Swee Wan and Gary will introduce some common forensic techniques that are used in detecting financial crimes, corruption, cybersecurity breaches and control lapses. They will also discuss when and how these techniques can be applied in internal audit, and share about the common pitfalls encountered in application.
Mr. Tan Swee Wan
Swee Wan brings with him vast experience in investigation and technology, having spearheaded the Singapore Police Force’s (SPF) efforts in combating financial, IT and IPR-related crimes. His outstanding performance won him the Singapore Home Affairs Ministerial Award.
After 12 illustrious years with SPF, Swee Wan took his expertise to the private sector, holding management positions in Microsoft, Seagate, a big-4 and a mid-tier audit firm where he investigated financial and technology fraud cases in Asia Pacific.
In 2001, Swee Wan started his entrepreneurial journey in forensic investigation and IT security.
Mr. Gary Ng
Director, Risk Services
A Certified Internal Auditor and Chartered Accountant of Singapore, Gary has more than 15 years of experience in internal and external auditing, pre-IPO internal control reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, enterprise risk management, data protection, corporate governance, license compliance and other consulting work relating to risks and internal controls.
Gary’s previous role was the Head of Internal Audit at a Top 10 accounting firm where he managed a portfolio of more than 30 listed companies and led a team of about 20 team members.
Gary has served as the director-in-charge of process and internal control assessments for companies in various industries and is familiar with the associated risks and best practices.
Free for IIA/ISACA Singapore* members and S$35 for non-members.
*For IIA Affiliate/ISACA Singapore members, kindly input the promo code "TRSWEB" to enjoy complimentary registrations.
Payment by Credit Card or PayNow/PayLah! transfer
Make the payment of your registration fees via PayNow/PayLah! transfer by following the steps below:
1. Upon completing your registration, proceed to payment and select the “Cheque/Fund Transfer” option.
2. Login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
3. Scan our corporate PayNow/PayLah! QR code.
4. Verify our UEN number (S76SS0058D) and release funds.
NOTE: Kindly include the details below under the UEN/Bill Reference Number (text limit of up to 25 characters).
5. Once payment is made, please print screen the transaction and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for our tracking purposes. Please include in your email the Event Code of each event when you are making payment of registration fees for multiple events in a single transaction.
Please refer to PayNow and PayLah! for more information.
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- Only online registrations are accepted. All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Full payment must be received prior to the webinar commencement. Upon completion of successful registration, you should receive an auto-generated registration confirmation via email.
- No refund will be made for any cancellations made after successful registration or non-attendance on the actual date. A substitution (of the same membership category) is allowed at no additional charge, if advised in writing.
- A reminder will be sent 1 day prior to the talk.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to publish or use for any other purpose whatsoever deemed appropriate, for all images taken by the official photographer(s) during the event.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the above mentioned event. If you do not receive the email notification, please call IIA Singapore at +65 6324 9029.