CPE Hour: 1
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) risks are complex, multifaceted, and require a nuanced understanding of various factors. The market forces often push companies towards profit-driven decisions at the expense of ESG factors. To navigate the ESG challenges, internal auditors could adopt a game theory together with an ethical perspective. In this one-hour talk, we will explore game theory, the importance of ethics, and how they interact with ESG. We will also discuss the role of internal auditors in implementing ESG and what companies can do if they want to implement ESG that faces challenging market forces.
The talk will cover:
- Overview of ESG and its challenges
- Game theory as a tool for understanding ESG Challenges
- Different ethical frameworks and their implications for ESG
- Internal auditors as change agents for ESG
- Case study of companies successfully implementing ESG
Critical Thinking Academy Pte Ltd
Jeremy Peh is the Principal Trainer and Coach of Critical Thinking Academy Pte Ltd which provides critical thinking centred programs to equip professionals with knowledge and skills to stay on top of the changing business environment. Jeremy has trained thousands of professional and lecturers in Critical Thinking, Business Culture in ASEAN, Data Analytics, Ethical Reasoning, Dealing with Difficult People, Game Theories in Collaboration, Industry 4.0, Systems Dynamics, and Project Management. He has also delivered hundreds of consulting projects in business strategy, business re-engineering and intellectual property management.
Jeremy is also the co-founder and director of the Brands for Good Ltd (BFG) which aims to recognize and honour the SMEs across ASEAN for embracing ESG in their business. BFG has successfully organized annual BFG awards over the last five years.
Jeremy holds a Master of Business Administration from the Leeds University and a Bachelor’s degree of Engineering (Naval Architecture) from the Kyushu University (Japan). He is a certified practising management consultant.
Free for IIA Singapore members and non-members.
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- Only online registrations are accepted. All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Upon completion of successful registration, you should receive an auto-generated registration confirmation via email.
- A substitution (of the same membership category) is allowed at no additional charge, if advised in writing.
- A reminder will be sent 1 day prior to the talk.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to publish or use for any other purpose whatsoever deemed appropriate, for all images taken by the official photographer(s) during the event.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the above mentioned event. If you do not receive the email notification, please call IIA Singapore at +65 6324 9029.