CPE Hour: 1
Internal audit supports the Audit Committee (AC) in its risk and internal control oversight responsibilities. ACs can maximise the value proposition of internal audit by exploring the Core Principles of the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards), their presence and how well they are operating.
In so doing, ACs will have expanded capability and capacity to effectively assume their oversight responsibilities while focusing on the wider range of business risks. Extracting the full value out of internal audit necessitates focus and rethinking, as the internal audit function needs to be adequately resourced and develop competencies. This session aims to demonstrate how ACs can enhance the effectiveness of internal audit by realigning their expectations from the internal audit on key critical areas.
- Empowerment of internal audit – Internal Audit Charter, functional reporting to AC, importance for internal audit to position in key management meetings/boards.
- Clarity on internal audit’s mandate – alignment of expectations between internal audit and other key stakeholders.
- Conformance to The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and demonstration of Core Principles.
- Upskilling, innovation and injection of talent in the internal audit function.
- Digital fitness of the internal audit function.
- Internal audit sourcing models.
- Extension of internal audit scope in culture, ESG, health and safety, cyber security and data protection, digital adoption and transformation, third party and supplier management.
- Role of Internal audit in fraud investigations.
Managing Director, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) and Internal Audit
Sanjoy, a Managing Director at PwC, has close to thirty years of work experience, professional and commercial, in Singapore and other territories in APAC. He has led and participated in a variety of projects in course of his career that includes internal controls reviews, implementation and validation of control self-assessment, focussed compliance reviews on anti bribery and corruption, benchmarking of business processes, development and review of process and corporate level policies and procedures, enterprise risk management frameworks and fraud risk frameworks. He has also actively participated in investigations relating to fraud and governance failures for Singapore listed companies and MNCs. Sanjoy regularly develops thought leadership materials on GRC topics, conducts training and holds public seminars on corporate governance, risk management and internal controls.
Free for IIA Singapore members and non-members.
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- Only online registrations are accepted. All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Upon completion of successful registration, you should receive an auto-generated registration confirmation via email.
- A substitution (of the same membership category) is allowed at no additional charge, if advised in writing.
- A reminder will be sent 1 day prior to the talk.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to publish or use for any other purpose whatsoever deemed appropriate, for all images taken by the official photographer(s) during the event.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the above mentioned event. If you do not receive the email notification, please call IIA Singapore at +65 6324 9029.