CPE Hours: 8
SkillsFuture Credit (For Self-sponsored participants):All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay or offset for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Click here to learn more. Do not proceed with online registration if you are applying for this scheme.Kindly inform us that you like to apply during course registration, and follow this user guide to submit your SkillsFuture Credit claim at least 1 week prior to the course start date. SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) SDF Training Grant (for Company-sponsored participants who are Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents)Course reference code: TGS-2019500433Funding Amount per pax: $2 x 7 training hours = $14
Pls email to email@example.com to register with the following details (invoice will only be issued when the course is confirmed):
1. First Name: Surname:
2. IIA/ISACA/ACCA/ISCA membership ID (pls delete where appropriate):
4. Company Name:
5. Company Address:
6. Contact number:
7. If company-sponsored, please also indicate your company UEN number:
Company billing address:
Company finance/ HR/ contact email:
8. If self-sponsored, please also indicate your billing address:
Training Credits (not applicable for those applying SSG SDF or SkillsFuture Credit)
IIA Singapore existing members and corporate nominees who renew their membership for FY 2021/2022 will receive the S$100 training credit to offset their CPE course fees..
Please click on the following links for FAQ on the use of training credits:
Click here for Individual Members FAQ
Click here for Corporate Nominee FAQ
The fundamental objective of the Six Sigma problem solving methodology focuses on error/defect reduction to improve the process. Successful deployment of Six Sigma projects, using the Six Sigma define, measure, analyze, improve and control (DMAIC), could ensure continuous quality improvement of the internal audit activity. Problems could be defined, identified using analytical skills, root causes determined and possible solutions generated to improve the audit process.
The Six Sigma tools that will be covered includes:
- Suppliers, inputs, process steps, outputs, and customers – “SIPOC” technique analyzes a process relative to these parameters to fully understands its impact. This could be used at the planning phase to document the overall process.
- “Swim Lane” describes what activities are performed in a process and indicates who performs the activities. This could be used in performing the audit fieldwork as part of process mapping.
- “Fishbone” diagram and “Five Whys” technique helps to identify all possible causes related to a given effect. During audit fieldwork, these tools enable clear identification of potential problems and target areas for improvement.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Auditors with at least 3 to 5 years of practical experience.
The purpose of this course is to expose participants to Six Sigma methodology and use of Six Sigma quality tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of internal audit process. Through the exercises, participants will practice and apply the skills learned to focus on improvement opportunities that provide customers’ satisfaction.
Introduction to Six Sigma Methodology
- What is Six Sigma
- Why the need for Six Sigma (value add that internal audit provides to the organisation)
- Where to apply Six Sigma (internal audit phases in planning, fieldwork and communication)
- When to apply Six Sigma (internal audit phases that are not performing to expectations relative to target)
- Who are the key players in Six Sigma
- How to apply Six Sigma (DMAIC methodology in communicating results)
Application of Six Sigma Quality Tools
- Process Mapping
- Define and understand the purpose of process mapping
- Review select process mapping tools (such as “swim lane” and suppliers, inputs, process steps, outputs, and customers – “SIPOC”)
- Construct a SIPOC diagram of the Internal Audit process
- Root Cause Analysis
- Define and understand the purpose of Root Cause Analysis
- Review different Cause and Effect tools (such as “Fishbone” diagram, “Five Whys” technique)
- Apply Cause and Effect tools to improve Internal Audit cycle time
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Madam Fong Cheng Han has extensive experience in Finance, Auditing – both external and internal audit. She has worked in Ernst and Young and held various accounting positions, including Finance Controller positions of US multi-national companies. Her last position was the Executive Director of Internal Audit Services at Seagate Singapore International Headquarters.
She holds a Bachelor of Accountancy Degree from the National University of Singapore. She is a Retired Fellow Chartered Accountant of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, a Reitred Certified Fraud Examiner with the Association for Certified Fraud Examiner and also holds a Certification in Risk Management Assurance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Singapore. She is also a certified Six Sigma black belt.
Make the payment of your registration fees via PayNow/PayLah! transfer by following the steps below:
1. Upon completing your registration, proceed to payment and select the “Cheque/Fund Transfer” option.
2. Login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
3. Scan our corporate PayNow/PayLah! QR code.
4. Verify our UEN number (S76SS0058D) and release funds.
NOTE: Kindly include the details below under the UEN/Bill Reference Number (text limit of up to 25 characters).
5. Once payment is made, please print screen the transaction and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for our tracking purposes.
Email to email@example.com
to register as a group of 4 or more participants for the same course and enjoy a 10% group discount!
Applicable for participants from the same company registered within the same day. Discount will be indicated and processed on a single invoice.
Terms and Conditions
- Registered participants will be liable for the full fee even in the event of non-attendance.
- A processing fee of $100 will be imposed for any cancellation. Cancellation must be submitted in writing 7 days prior to the event date and subject to IIAS’s approval. Substitutions will be permitted and conditions will apply.
- All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Full payment must be received prior the course commencement.
- Contact Person will be notified VIA EMAIL upon successful registration of the course.
- Complimentary parking will be provided on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- IIAS reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIAS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the training should the minimum class size is not met.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the mentioned seminar.
Once the course is confirmed, an email confirmation will be sent to the registrants’ contact email addresses 1 week prior to the course commencement date
If you do not receive any email notification regarding your course registrations, please call IIA Academy at 6324 9029.