When a financial fraud allegation is made against a public listed company, the audit committee (“AC”) is often faced with the question of how to carry out an effective independent investigation. An investigation can be a time intensive and financially consuming process, and the AC, in their capacity as independent directors, are also bound by relevant local rules, regulations and laws to address the question of: who was involved in the fraud and whether the directors and/or management took appropriate action to prevent, detect and remediate the situation.
In this session, internal auditors will learn how to advise the AC during an independent regulatory investigation to drive overall efficiency to the investigation. At the end of the session, the participants will understand:
- The AC’s legal obligations,
- Various stakeholders’ expectations (including the regulators, stock exchange and external auditors) for the investigation,
- How an independent investigation is conducted,
- The tools necessary to conduct a holistic investigation, and
- The value of internal auditors to the AC and investigation.
Leader of Asia Risk & Investigations
Beth Junell leads FTI Consulting’s Asia Risk & Investigations practice and specialises in cross-border matters involving fraud and corruption risk management, investigations and compliance program operations.
Ms. Junell is a forensic accountant who advises her clients and their advisors on responding to allegations of fraud and misconduct, including conducting appropriate investigations and remediating internal control gaps that allowed misconduct to occur and go undetected. She also advises clients on operationalising fraud risk management and compliance programs, in particular design and implementation of risk assessment methodologies, internal controls to mitigate fraud and corruption risk and maintain accurate books and records, and processes for compliance monitoring and continuous program improvement. She has significant experience in matters arising from alleged corporate accounting fraud and financial reporting irregularities, violations of anti-corruption laws, white collar crime and other employee malfeasance and trade sanctions violations.
Managing Director, Risk & Investigations
Benjamin is an experienced forensic investigator, compliance advisor and a qualified fellow chartered accountant with over 19 years of experience.
Based in Singapore as a Managing Director in the Risk Advisory and Investigations practice at FTI Consulting, Benjamin specialises in fraud investigations, anti-bribery/corruption compliance reviews and third-party (supplier/distributor) audits. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Benjamin led the forensic practice of a Big Four accounting firm in Beijing, where he lived for 7 years. Benjamin has advised multinationals and mainland Chinese firms in various industries, specifically in new energy, life sciences, and manufacturing.
Free for IIA Singapore/IIA Affiliates and ISACA Singapore* members and S$35 for non-members.
*For IIA Affiliate/ISACA Singapore members, kindly input the promo code "11WEB" to enjoy complimentary registrations.
Payment by Credit Card or PayNow/PayLah! transfer
Make the payment of your registration fees via PayNow/PayLah! transfer by following the steps below:
- Upon completing your registration, proceed to payment and select the “Cheque/Fund Transfer” option.
- Login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
- Scan our corporate PayNow/PayLah! QR code.
4. Verify our UEN number (S76SS0058D) and release funds.
NOTE: Kindly include the details below under the UEN/Bill Reference Number (text limit of up to 25 characters).
5. Once payment is made, please print screen the transaction and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for our tracking purposes. Please include in your email the Event Code of each event when you are making payment of registration fees for multiple events in a single transaction.
Please refer to PayNow and PayLah! for more information.
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served-basis.
- Only online registrations are accepted. All registrations must "Proceed to Payment" to complete registration. Full payment must be received prior to the webinar commencement. Upon completion of successful registration, you should receive an auto-generated registration confirmation via email.
- No refund will be made for any cancellations made after successful registration or non-attendance on the actual date. A substitution (of the same membership category) is allowed at no additional charge, if advised in writing.
- A reminder will be sent 1 day prior to the talk.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to revise the programme as necessary.
- IIA Singapore reserves the right to publish or use for any other purpose whatsoever deemed appropriate, for all images taken by the official photographer(s) during the event.
A system generated email will be sent upon successful registration of the above mentioned event. If you do not receive the email notification, please call IIA Singapore at +65 6324 9029.